<

Saturday, June 12, 2010

 

everything I need to know, I learned from country music


O hai kittehs! It's a beautiful warm sunny day here in NW Oregon at last. I just got back from hanging with some of my knitting buddies at the Hillsboro Farmer's Market for World Wide Knit in Public Day. We were right by the fountain so I got a kick out of watching all the little kids splashing in the water. Much yarny work awaits me, so I'll make this a brief post but wanted to show you the latest baby item I finished.
Aren't the tiny cables sweet?
Design is "Bliss" (Ravelry link). I made the 12 months size, but it looks small; probably would fit 6-9 months. Yarn: 3 balls Classic Elite Pebbles, a cotton/acrylic blend. I think the yarn has a little too much texture for the design, so while this was a quick and fun knit which I would make again, next time I'll use a smooth yarn such as Baby Cashmerino, or a soft cotton blend DK like Jeannee.
Kiki asked about the yarn I dyed for Community Sock Club. I'm sure it's fine to show a photo, as it will soon be up on Ravelry. I love Kristin's sock design - it's gorgeous!

Lots of chartreuse happening here before the event. The overflow was hanging from the shower rod. ;P
If you ain't laughing, you ain't living.
Heard that somewhere, I'm not sure where, probably from some comic on TV. Our culture is rife with ex-spouse jokes, and even though it's a bit on the perverse side it does help to laugh. Here are some of my favorite breakup-themed country music song titles:
-She's Cheating On Both Of Us
-How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away
-Get Your Tongue Outta My Mouth Cause I'm Kissing You Goodbye
-She Wrote Me A Dear John And All I Got Left Is My John Deere
OK, blogging break's over. Signing off for now - I'll try to get in a post before I leave for Black Sheep (can I get enough stuff dyed before Thursday?) All you Oregonians & SW Washingtonians, have fun in the sun but don't forget the SPF!







Comments:
Do you know what a tornado and a country song have in common? In both of them, somebody's gonna lose a mobile home! ;) Love that chartruese, btw!
 
Love the chartreuse yarn! Your little baby dress is so sweet!

I'll leave you with that moldyoldy joke, what do you get when you play a country song backwards? You get your wife back, you get your truck back, you get your house back, you get your dog...you get the idea...
 
Ha! those are both good ones. There's also the song, "I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Like You're Still Here".

Thanks for the kind words about the yarn color!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]