<

Thursday, May 06, 2010

 

Pontocho goes live




I just couldn't wait to carry out the elaborate plans for my Pontocho wrap that I discussed in the last couple of posts...mainly because, let's face it, it's really a poncho, and ponchos have a (totally undeserved, IMHO) bad rep. I'd hate to put all the effort into shopping around a design that deep down I don't think will fly. I guess that Hollywood photo shoot will have to wait until I design the right garment!

So even though I'm still knitting a solid color version of Pontocho, which looks cool now that I have about 6" done and the fan lace really shows up, I decided what the hell - it's ready for prime time. The pattern is now available for download on Ravelry, and also in my Etsy shop, for a paltry $5 which helps keep us in milk. Seriously - between TAD (Totally Awesome Daughter) and her best gf who lives with us 3 days out of the week (complicated - but not in a bad way) we go through about a gallon every 2 days! And we have a small fridge, so stocking up isn't an option. Was going to segue into my rant about never letting your husband pick out appliances, however that discussion needs to be tabled because I actually have to throw on my fabulous wrap now, and go down to 7-Eleven because there's not enough milk for breakfast.

See ya...

Comments:
Congrats on Pontocho! It's hard to wait after finishing a design; you just want to get it out there and share it. I'm so with you on that one!
 
I am glad we don't go through milk that fast yet since I only buy organic milk! 2 gallons = $10.

I think the problem with ponchos is that a few people noticeably wear a noticeably bad one, or an ill-fitting one, and look like either a tent or a tassle factory explosion. And they get noticed. So thank you for designing a nice one! :)
 
I am glad we don't go through milk that fast yet since I only buy organic milk! 2 gallons = $10.

I think the problem with ponchos is that a few people noticeably wear a noticeably bad one, or an ill-fitting one, and look like either a tent or a tassle factory explosion. And they get noticed. So thank you for designing a nice one! :)
 
I bet you looked fa bu lous in your pontoncho at the 7-Eleven...buying milk will never be the same...
 
aw thanks, everyone for the compliments!! I am very pleased with it and feel good when I wear it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]