<

Saturday, March 13, 2010

 

I finished something! And some late nite retro yarn pr0n

Our top story tonight: Stitchjones finishes a Citron shawl in 3 weeks! Here it is just off the needles, unblocked. My messy coffee table and supervising puppy are also in the photo.


I have no earthly idea who would wear such a thing--certainly not me; I don't wear scarves, and the thing is way too small for me to ward off any serious chill. Mainly I bought it because I fell in love with the laceweight merino which was beautifully dyed by Carissa. As soon as I saw the yarn I knew it had to be made into the lovely pattern from Knitty. I did one extra repeat of the ruffle pattern and ended up using about 650-700 yards of the 880-yard skein. What a nice way to use laceweight yarn without getting all looped up in yo's, ssks and k2togs.

I'll wash and block it at leisure, then probably put it away for gift giving.


***

Health Update

Not sure but I think last time I posted, I was just coming down with something which I didn't know what it was. Turned out to be the worst bronchitis I've ever had. Last Saturday night I ended up in the ER, which was my own fault for waiting too long to see the doctor or go to urgent care. After 2 hours or so, I was given a nebulizer and a scrip for Zithromax, then sent on my way. Last weekend I had things scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday which I would not dream of canceling! The Portland Yarn Crawl was in full swing and I was doing a trunk show at For Yarn's Sake in Beaverton. The folks there were amazing. They loved my yarns and I sold quite a bit. I could only stay for 2 hours before I started feeling really crappy, but there was no way I would have missed it.

Last Sunday I began teaching a 3-session class at The Naked Sheep Knit Shop (sorry, I'm too lazy to hotlink tonight) for beginning sock knitters. I have 5 students and tomorrow afternoon, I get to show them how to make heels. Woot!

I'm feeling tons better now than I did a week ago. Fever stopped last Saturday morning and the sinus congestion is almost gone. The cough, though, is stubborn and won't go away, which generates the need for continued Robitussin aperitifs. Kind of reminds me of the days when I actually drank Campari...

Let's see, how do I make Dark & Divine again? Oh yeah, eye of newt, it's all coming back...

I have several wholesale orders for sock yarn colorways I made in 2008, when I had no idea what I was doing, just blind, furious ambition to be a rockstar indie dyer! Now in 2010 with my beaded yarn and whatnot, I'm just finessing myself right outa my shorts, but I'm not about to retire my first colorways if people still want to buy them!

So I started today, and do you know what? I had fun! Here then, is a pictorial stroll down memory lane with Victor, Andes Mint and Tank Girl.











And I keep thinking up new ones...




Comments:
Lovely Citron! Glad you are feeling much better!

The yarns are as gorgeous as ever!
 
glad you're feeling better, love! Which also reminds me, I need to order a buttload of dark & divine from you...
 
What a fun blog. I had a great time reading it. Will be back to visit again.
 
Thank you for the well wishes, ladies! Still have some stubborn symptoms but I'm back among the living.

Welcome, Linda!

Flutter - whenever you're ready for some yarn, just let me know! ^o^
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]