<

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

too old to rock & roll, too young to die.



I got so many birthday wishes from my buddies on Facebook! (it was yesterday and no, I ain't telling my age; it's finally higher than my bust size though.) Thank you, buddies! I had a wonderful birthday. Really! Remember the amazing daughter I blogged about last week? She baked me a chocolate cake. No boobs this time, it's in a regular cake pan. Delish. I also got boxes full of new bloomers and brassieres! You're not allowed to see them, but they are lovely. I'm betting nobody is much interested in granny panties anyway; if so, I hear there are websites for that.

Michelle also got me Season 1 of Metalocalypse on DVD. There are a few Adult Swim cartoons I really like, and this is one of them. The show was originally intended to poke fun at metal bands; however, it took off and is hugely successful. It's kind of like if Spinal Tap was a death metal band. There's even an animated concert of the band "Dethklok" (umlaut over the o) that is touring the US. We watched most of the DVD yesterday and I knit socks. It doesn't get much better than that.



Dyeing is coming along; today I finished work on two orders. One of them is for one of our many fabulous LYS and the other is going to a new online customer, The Local Needle. I'm very excited to add The Local Needle to my retailer list! This lovely shop offers a large selection of sock and laceweight yarns. I recently got in 40 skeins of base yarn for Dyepot Worsted, and in the next week or so the first batches will be ready. I'll have some new colors for fall.


Because I don't like to write pictureless blog posts, here is an exclusive colorway available only at StitchCraft in Vancouver, Washington.






Oh, and one more thing: Dude! If you haven't looked at the Stitchjones website in a while, check it out! Rachel (aka trtlgrl) has resurrected my site and it now looks state of the art!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]