<

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

 

BSG Report

Arrived home Sunday evening sunburned and weary, yet satisfied overall. Here's my outdoor booth, of which I was very proud. Kudos to booth stylist extraordinaire Kathleen for making it look so awesome.



Quite a bit of Titanium Sock sold, no doubt because of how pretty the skeins looked hanging on the peg board.

We also sold several copies of Judy's Mint Parfait Socks pattern, along with the Good Day Sunshine Tote (Ravelry links) and baby vest pattern from Katherine Vaughan Designs.



Kathleen's clever sample display generated lots of oohs and ahhs!



More sexy sock yarn.

I love this! It's made from 1 skein Glam Sock. It's Kathleen's design, and was knit by Melissa. Hopefully I can prevail upon Kathleen for a pattern.

This, knit in Stitchjones Dyepot Chunky, turned out to be the runaway hit of the booth. Like an ee-jit, I didn't take a photo of it all buttoned up into a shrug and hanging up for display, but it helped sell a lot of the Dyepot Chunky wool. Many thanks to Angela for knitting the sample!

Now that I've had the experience of my first big show, I can say I learned a lot. Being an outdoor vendor makes one completely powerless over the weather whims of Oregon. Up until Sunday afternoon, there was a negligible amount of rain, and we wrapped the booth in tarps at the close of each day so everything stayed dry. Sunday afternoon, however, brought enough rain showers that I couldn't keep my products from getting wet, so I felt there was no choice but to tear down early. I can deal with sun and wind, but rain is a different animal altogether. I will definitely apply to vend at Black Sheep Gathering again next year, but I don't think I'll want to be on the lawn!


Comments:
Your booth looked *awesome*, & it was a pleasure meeting you. I just blogged about vending BSG myself.

& thanks for adding me as a friend on Ravelry!

Velma of COLORBOMB Creations
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
So pretty! I'm glad it went well!
 
Congrats on your success! I wish I could have been there to see your booth, your pictures look awesome though!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]