<

Monday, March 02, 2009

 

You better work it!

Guilty pleasure #179: RuPaul's Drag Race on the Logo channel. I could not believe Ongina was eliminated from the competition, wtf is up wid dat?! We all know Rebecca, that bee-yotch, should not have made it past the third round. Hope girlfriend falls flat on her face next episode!


Ok, enough about that. I never did like blog posts about someone's favorite TV show if I'm not into it myself, so I won't be tiresome. But boy, am I enjoying the spit out of Drag Race. In the spirit of these amazing, audacious performers, I put on lots of makeup today and took a self portrait. Eek!



Too much face?

BTW, I have a drag name! Found it on one of those generator thingies. It's "Kristy Kreme". Perfect for me.

I Won An Award! omg

Two snaps up in "Z" formation and an air kiss to Cindy of Knit For Joy for bestowing this award upon me. Thanks, Cindy!

Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. Copy the award to your site.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate 8 other bloggers.
4. Link to those on your blog.
5. Leave a message on the blogs you nominated.


Because my family kvetches that I spend too much time online, and also I have actual knitting to show off, I'll award 4 bloggers instead of 8. Here are my nominees:


1. Kiki of By Hook or By Crook. Kiki's beautifully knit and crochet projects combined with a droll sense of humor = a winning combination!

2. Kathleen of Busy Digits. Knitting, spinning, designing, and adorable children--what else can I say?

3. Duffy of FiberQat. Whenever Duffy posts, she writes about something interesting and/or thought-provoking. Great pics, too.

4. Last but definitely not least, Tami of PNWBookGirl. Tami spins and knits like a champ, and has many interests beyond fiber--I always hear about something cool going on whenever I visit her blog.

Before I go off to let these folks know about the award, I have a photo of my finished Dream In Color socks. Just a basic seed rib, 64 stitches on size 2 needles. I love 'em--they live up to the yarn name, "smooshy".



I also whipped up this cute little hat yesterday afternoon.




It's the Patchwork Hat from the Spring Knitscene mag. I used my own kettle dyed--this is a 50% merino, 50% alpaca yarn that I have 9 more skeins of. The texture is so soft and buttery--I can't wait to get orders out so I can dye up more of it! Along with the bag of BFL sock yarn I got last week. And I have this incredible dye project that I'll tell you about next time. Now, though, Miss Kristy Kreme is sashaying off to have dinner and then notify award-winning bloggers!


Comments:
you are so stinkin cute
 
How could I have missed that show? Now I'm going to have to track down all the back episodes!
 
Hey! Don't be down on yourself! You clean up really well. ;^)

Thank you for the Kreativ Blogger Award!

I'm taking "I'm with the Band" on needles to a book signing tonight. Just have to decide on what pattern of socks....
 
Kristy Kreme, rofl, love it!! Do your twirl, girl!

Aww how sweet are you? Thank you for the award, I shall pass it on forthwith!.

Love the socks and hat, what gorgeous colours!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]