<

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

 

Crazy Christmas

Last post, I described Winston the puppy as a Dachshund/Chihuahua/Pug mix. I was wrong! He is not part Pug; he is part Miniature Pinscher. Which explains why he has the dachsie ear placing, Chihuahua face and tail, and Min Pin-esque lanky body.


Here he is modeling his Stitchjones sweater, made from less than 1/2 skein Dyepot Superwash Merino Worsted in Christmas Coral. I stuck with 1x1 rib for the collar and bottom edge and garter stitch for the body, although when seaming the neck I forgot to hide the seam so it wouldn't show when the collar is folded in half. Oh well. He'll grow out of it in a nanosecond.





To borrow a quote from one of my favorite films in recent years, Best In Show, "have you ever seen a happier kind of attitude? A happy-to-know-ya kind of attitude?"




The little guy and his owner stayed overnight last night, as the roads around here are still snowy/icy, and doing any driving--even with chains-- is taking a calculated risk. I was going to stay home and dye up yarns all afternoon, but that plan went down the crapper when Mr. Stitchjones had a work emergency, even though he's supposed to be on vacation and his office is closed due to the bad weather. So I ended up driving Michelle and Tess to go shopping, then drove Tess and her puppy home. I only spun out once; that was less than a mile from home. I'm glad to report that we didn't hit anything. I just backed up and got 'er going in the right direction. Now I'm going to take some PTSD medication and knit awhile.

Sure enough, my family's Christmas Eve to-do is postponed until probably sometime next week. My mom and dad are in their 70's, and Mom doesn't want to slog through any snowy or slushy mess. I don't blame her, it's not my cup of jasmine tea either. We're scheduled for 1 to 3 more inches of snow tomorrow, with a very gradual transition to rain over the next few days. Mr. Stitchjones has a business trip scheduled on Sunday the 28th, returning on the 31st, and I'm planning a stealth road trip, business-related, for next Monday and Tuesday. I may post again before all this gets under way, but if I don't, I wish you all a very merry Christmas and Happy Solstice. Be safe, warm, and loved.


Comments:
Sir Winston is looking so very dapper in his new sweater!! I love that Best in Show movie! Esp. when Christopher Guest is singing to his bloodhound and talking about all the different 'nuts', LOL.

Happy Christmas to you and your family, dear Sharon!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]