<

Saturday, September 13, 2008

 

Show's almost over

Yesterday I had me a time at the Knit and Crochet Guild of America show! Of course I forgot my camera, so you'll just have to take my word for it that I chatted with knitting luminaries Joan McGowan-Michael and Annie Modesitt. I'll have to wait a few days to find out how much of my consignment yarns and fiber sold, but I had the opportunity to chat with several more yarn shop owners in the metro area, and it was nice to find out that a) three more shop owners are interested in my products, and b) YSO's talk to one another, because one I talked to had heard of Stitchjones, and she told me I was very highly recommended! Woo! It was a blast--I saw so many of my friends and customers all wandering around, looking at all the beautiful yarns and having a great time.

Now the burning question on everyone's lips (yah right) is of course "how much yarn did she buy"? I behaved myself and was a good girl. Seriously. I got two small bags of undyed fiber to try. Some superwash merino & silk, and some brown wool, which should be fun to dye up and see how it comes out. I bought Annie Modesitt's book "Romantic Hand Knits", which has some gorgeous patterns and Annie signed it for me. I did indulge in one luxury skein of yarn, and for what I paid for just this one skein I could probably have bought enough Patons Classic merino, Knitpicks or what have you, for a sweater. Yet I have a hard time passing up the good stuff when everything's all in one place. It's ArtYarns Silk Rhapsody in a deep, shimmering, almost-red pink. Should make a pretty lace scarf.

I also wanted to let everybody who reads the blog, (all 3 of youse) ;) know that I'm having a destash sale in my Etsy shop! Check it out, there's some beautifully dyed Lobster Pot yarn, Peruvian alpaca, and even some Noro. Did she say Noro?! Yep, that's right, Noro 4 less! Since I had a stashing frenzy last month, there will undoubtedly be more yarn added later this month.

This afternoon was a dye session, and tomorrow not only will I be finishing up another 3 dozen kids sock kit yarns, but also going to the convention center to help with booth tear-down! So it's off to bed for me. I'll have a pretty FO to show ya next post.

Comments:
Wow, sounds like you had a blast at the show! Of course people have heard of your yarns, how could people help but spread the word about your great yarns!
 
Hey! I still read yah, I'm just crap at leaving notes lately!!!
 
Where can I see the patterns and buy the kits for the socks?
 
I'll be putting the kits up in my Etsy shop in the next few days: http://mymommadethis.etsy.com/

Thanks for asking!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]