<

Sunday, February 17, 2008

 

Every picture tells a story (don't it)

Sorry for that reference to the old Rod Stewart song--bonus points if you can tell me the name of his band when that song was a hit!--but I got out of the house yesterday for a road trip, and would like to let the pictures I took tell the story.


I went here.






I bought these.




And this. (From Fly Designs. Could not resist the power of the green.)




I knitted with some of my peeps from Knitting Bee. Left to right: Elaine, Marcelle, Kim, Christina.



My alpaca pashmina-style wrap "A Go Go" is sooo close to being done.




And I even managed to "Kinnear" a famous person. (no, not the butt, which I couldn't crop out of the photo. It's the person in black pants and red print top.)





All in all, it was a good day and worth the 300-mile round trip drive to Tacoma, even though I got a late start. My swift decided to break yesterday morning, while I was in the midst of reskeining dyed yarn, so I needed to replace it first thing. I decided to get one from Knitting Bee, in case I couldn't find one at Madrona. Was there a yarn purchase, you ask? Of course there was. But I'll have to flash the latest stash next post, as this one is already photo-rich.

Enjoy today's sunshine!


Comments:
oooo who who?
 
Well, I don't remember the band name, but I certainly remember the Rod Stewart album! It was 1971. Oh, the memories! :)

Was that the Yarn Harlot you Kinneared? Wish I could have gone with you!
 
yep, that's Stephanie. I could have met her but was too bashful. :)
 
Oh Sharon you WUSS!
I'm bad about walking up to famous people as well...I always think they'll think I'm a crazy stalker or somthing!
 
Was Rod Stewart in "Faces" back then? Yes, I'm that old....sigh.
 
doh! You oughta just gone up to her! Your a celeb too now!
 
I absolutely LOVE your pashmina wrap! What a gorgeous colour! I figured it was the harlot, since you used the phrase "Kinneared", LOL.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]