<

Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

With appreciation

...to all of you for stopping by the ol' blog! Thanks especially to those of you who took the time to comment. I absolutely love comments and can't get enough of 'em! I've added more blogs I enjoy reading--I won't say "stalking," because I'm happy to de-cloak and praise other folks' knitting--to my blogroll.

I've got no pics to share--no FO's, although I'm close to finishing another Chickami . However, I'm excited to tell you I've just opened my very own Etsy shop! I've got a few of my handknit doggie sweaters up, and plan to knit more, but looking at them I realize they need to be modeled, not laid out flat on my scarred, icky dining room table for photography. (A housekeeper, and especially a polisher of wood, I am not.) So tonight I went dog-shopping, and I scored a little stuffed doggy with a puppy attached (a Mother's Day themed stuffed animal set; it was 50% off). In order to get the sweaters on the dog, I'll have to perform midwife duties! Can't wait.

I saw this meme on Leah's blog. It's 8 random things. Tag, you're it!

1. I own a Fender Bronco electric bass, took four lessons, played it in church a couple of times, then decided that J. and Michelle are the true musical talent in this family.

2. About 10 years ago, I was a Mary Kay beauty consultant. No, I didn't win the pink Cadillac.

3. I can't stand gum chewing! Drives me batshit crazy. Neurotic, I know.

4. My first car was a 1972 Ford Gran Torino, metallic brown with a black vinyl roof. Looked good; ran not so good.

5. I could eat peanut butter on toast until it comes out my ears. (I try to limit myself to a couple of times a week.)

6. I generally hate to play games; the only exception would be online Mah Jong.

7. In 1992, I was a student at Portland Community College, and I attended a campaign speech given by the then-governor of Arkansas, Bill Clinton.

8. I know how to throw a boomerang, and have actually made a couple of catches on the return.

Comments:
Hi Sharon! I´ve read your comment at By Hook or by Crook. If you are interested, send me an e-mail and expect the invitation to join us!
Thank you + Hugs
Vik

www.knittingforhomeless.blogspot.com
 
I so wish I had a dog, I'd buy the heck out of your etsy shop! You're such a blessing.
 
Gorgeous dog sweaters Sharon! Too bad my killer shih-tzu couldn't wear them, he's too fluffy :o) Loved the meme, especially the part about the boomerang!
 
Hey nice lady, Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. I need to get on adding you to mine, since I now check into your blog regularly and enjoy it every time. Let's feel the love here! Regarding your list, I just did one myself a few weeks ago so I'm saved from tagging but anyway. #2, you don't strike me as a pink Cadillac kinda lady. #3, if I chew gum, I chew it until it has no flavor and my jaw hurts so I try to avoid it whenever possible. #5, I'm so with you on that one. #6, I try and limit my game playing but when I do play online games (I'm a confirmed lover of boardgames and Scrabble), I play mahjong. #8 impresses me. I hope you are having a great weekend.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]