<

Sunday, May 20, 2007

 

Another Chickami





Again, as is almost always the case with the tops I make for myself, the fit isn't spot on. In this case, much depended upon the yarn I chose. Because I used Louisa Harding Fauve--a super-stretchy, rayon ribbon--the cami gaps at the armhole. (If any knitters reading this have suggestions for how I might fix this, the "comment" link awaits you.) Last year, I chose lightweight, bouncy Rowan Calmer for my first Chickami:




Other than wide straps which tend to roll--facilitating my choice for I-cord straps for the new one--the fit is pretty good. A strapless black bra, or perhaps a bustier, will definitely be in order when I wear the orange one. Fortunately, the ribbing at the bottom will keep the surprisingly heavy garment from sagging off my boobs. But hey, this is what I wanna wear to see my favorite three old guys from Toronto in concert at Clark County Amphitheater on July 21st--I'm working on a black/silver shawlette, and will wear black pants or skirt to balance myself out. For the first time in the 20 years that J. and I have been going to Rush concerts, we've got seats in the first ten rows! So I want some eye contact with my man Geddy (we'll be on his side of the stage, but I want to draw Alex's eye as well,) and while I know I ain't eye candy, at least my Chickami will give him a pretty color to notice.

In Other News

I joined the Knitting for Homeless campaign, begun by Vik in Argentina, and used most of a hank of red Eco Wool for a 45" scarf in a broken rib pattern. It's blocking. I'm not very comfortable spending much time blogging about my knitting RAOK's--the truth is that I love doing charity knitting, but my main reason for blogging about it is to inspire and encourage anyone reading to knit a scarf, hat, afghan square or whatever for any of the many great causes out there, not to make y'all think I'm such a fabulous person. Because I'm really not. I'm under massive, crushing consumer debt, am frequently depressed, overweight, would rather gorge on Haggen-Dasz ice cream than exercise (well, maybe I'm not alone on that one,) and yada, yada, yada. But the up side is that I've got a husband and child who love me, a job that sometimes bores me but the management values my bizarrely unique skill set, tons of beautiful yarn, music I love, and blogging buddies I hope to keep in touch with always.

What was my mantra again? Oh yeah--"it's not so bad." Rinse and repeat.

Comments:
I bet that color is going to look fabulous on you, and don't forget to knit bears for snuggle!
 
thanks flutter! I'm on it! :)
 
Thank for the comment. I have checking your blog and I really like the pattern for the "Chickamis". They look very comfortable and would be a nice top to wear with a suit. Great job.
 
Sorry the fit isn't perfect! It's a lovely color!

I think it is inspiring that you do charity knitting. I would love to hear more about it. Keep posting & inspiring me!! I want to knit more for charity in the future!
 
Pretty sweater! And thanks so much for volunteering to be a wingman in my swap. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how I was going to work that out when you swooped benevolently in and volunteered. I'll be posting more details of it probably later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned and thanks again!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]