<

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Holy crap, it's Christmas!




















No, really! It was so easy you wouldn't believe it! I just went down to the Wally Mart and bought a couple boxes of tinsel garland. Then I grabbed my Size 50 needles and half an hour later, I had the perfect stole to go with that little black dress!

*um*...next time, though, I'm gonna get the garland without the miniature lights already strung on it...

And Now, Knitting As We Know It
















Shawl 'nuff.

Here are a couple views of a comfort shawl knit from Noro Transitions. Even at 40% off, it was still an investment to get enough hanks to make a 60" finished piece. I look at my wild spending of yarn money thus: my teenager seems determined to make my life a living hell these days, so I'm spending her college tuition-slash-inheritance.

I think that's only fair, don't you?

I'm proud to say that I'm a co-founder of the Shawl Ministry of the Unitarian Universalist Community Church of Washington County. (whew! now there's a mouthful.) We began officially in January of this year, and so far we have bestowed eight shawls on members of the congregation, including the interim minister, who was in a near-fatal auto accident last spring. The response has been extremely positive, and those we knit for to show our friendship and caring have been very moved. This is one of the most rewarding efforts I've ever been involved in as a knitter, and I'm very proud of what has been accomplished by just a handful of ladies who love to knit. Whether the shawls are made of Lion Homespun or all natural fibers, as is my personal preference, they're always the length of a hug, and they've been going to those who founded and nurtured the church itself. They were there when we were a young family, looking for a place to belong, and welcomed us.

This post has been brought to you by Tramadol.

Comments:
moooooose tranquiliiiizzeeerrrsssssss *drifts off*
can I have one? The ankle, she is broken
 
Aw, rats! (sending you a big, honkin virtual percocet)

seriously, I am so sorry Flutter!
 
part & parcel of being a klutz. Your log cabin looks fab btw
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]