<

Saturday, October 07, 2006

 

My Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I love handpainted/hand-dyed wools such as Koigu. Mmmm...Koigu... Also, wool blends or alpaca blends are great. I like worsted, DK weight and finer, I don't usually use bulky or chunky yarns very much.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm an acrylphobe...some circles might call that yarn snobbery. :)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Right now, my needles are in several places! I keep some straights in a vase, I also have some stored in a needle roll in my yarn hutch along with DPN's. I keep my circs in a CD holder.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit at the age of 17, was taught the basics by a neighbor lady. However, I didn't begin to develop my knitting ability until about 6 years ago. I can do lace, cables, intarsia, so I guess that makes me intermediate to advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Not yet; maybe I should make one!

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I love lilac, pear, sandalwood & patchouli.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Dark chocolate is my favorite.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I sometimes do cross stitch, but knitting is the only DIY activity I do daily.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I love classic rock, some easy listening, New Age & alternative. Yes, we're MP3 compatible.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Oranges, purples and greens--rich, saturated hues are the colors I'm most drawn to. I like earth tones, soft blues, and deep reds.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, teenage daughter, 2 Mini Dachshunds (my 2 little boys--spoiled rotten,) and 2 low-maintenance kitties.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I tend to overheat easily, so I'll wear a scarf or poncho when it's super cold, otherwise no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I most enjoy making sleeveless tops/camisoles for myself.

13. What are you knitting right now?

On the needles I've got a prayer shawl; the 1st of a pair of Opal socks, and a Log Cabin Moderne blanket.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Sure! Since I make gifts for others, I have a true appreciation for the effort and thought behind it.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I do most of my knitting on straights, and like bamboo & rosewood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yep!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

OMG, how embarrassing. At least five years old. I baked it cupcakes (kidding.)

18. What is your favorite holiday?

don't really have one, but if I had to pick, it would be Halloween.
19. Is there anything that you collect?

Yarn! (lol)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I currently subscribe to Interweave Knits, and would like to get the Mason-Dixon Knitting book.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Lace is always intriguing--I can do simple lace but haven't tackled anything more advanced. I'm also interested in trying my hand at Fair Isle.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Love making socks! When knitting for myself, I knit the foot to 10-1/2 inches (wear a 9 1/2 shoe.) I have thick ankles that tend to swell, so the kind of socks that fit me best have a ribbed cuff that's on the short side.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

10/26

Comments:
Hi Sharon,
I am going shopping! Let the fun begin.
Your Pal
 
(in voice of Cartman from South Park)

sweet!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]