<

Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

It's October, and you know what that means...

Contest time!!

Wouldn't you like to win yourself some of this?















"This" being two full skeins of Recycled Silk. (I can almost make out the "Made in Nepal" label.) I also have a partial skein, more than half actually, which I'd like to add to the ante, so the winner will have enough to make a scarf, or maybe a little bag--something which will make a great gift, perhaps. (humming "Jingle Bells" as I type.) Oh, but I'm keeping the hanky, sorry. I've been a closeted handkerchief collector for years, ever since my first trip to Japan in late June/early July of 1994, when it was hot as a mofo and twice as humid. People dab themselves with hankies in the mushi-atsui ("sticky-hot") weather, and I have been known to fish one of my pretty hankies out of my purse in summer--or whenever a hot flash hits--and mop myself down.

Back to the contest. What does she want us to do this time, you may be wondering. Well, the good news is, you don't have to write haiku. No, this is going to be a Photo Caption contest. Ya know my Wayback Wednesdays, where I post the retro knitting photo of the week? It happens that there are four Wednesdays in October. I will post the photos on October 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th. You are encouraged to submit your captions, as many and as often as you can come up with good ones. Be silly, outrageous, Stoli-martini-dry, filthy-- whatever. This ain't a family blog. The goal here, people, is to make me spit whatever beverage I may be sipping all over my monitor. Got it?

The winning caption will be announced on Thursday, October 26, which just happens to be my birthday. How old am I? To quote the late, great businesswoman Mary Kay Ash, "A woman who will tell her age will tell anything." So I'm not gonna say, except that it's the same number as Ichiro wears on his uniform. Oh, and the same as Area 51.

Comments:
*cough*spam*cough*
 
Mmmmm... silk... sari... yarn (drool)....

I've been dying to try some for YEARS!

Super contest. Fab prize!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]