<

Thursday, June 22, 2006

 

Right on, sister!

Many, many thanks to the Fiber Feminist for these words. There are only two things I can say: 1) I wish I'd written that, and 2) she's reading my mail.


I knit. I knit because knitting is a craft that is accessible to all in its simplicity, but limitless in its creative possibilities. I knit because knitting connects me with other skilled and creative women, across generations, across experiences, across social and geographical boundaries, and in teaching me to respect their talent, ability, and strength, also teaches me to recognize my own. I knit because I believe that finding beauty in functionality and creating functional beauty realize the essence of being human. I knit because I am a woman who is driven to create her world.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]